You may have made some New Year resolutions, or maybe not.
How are they going?
Either way, here are some simple but powerful thoughts about goals and dreams.
- “Don’t be afraid to go where you’ve never gone and do what you’ve never done, because both are necessary to have what you’ve never had and be who you’ve never been.” Mike Dooley
- “The ultimate reason for setting goals is to entice you to become the person it takes to achieve them.” William Montgomery
- “Do you remember learning to ride your first bike? How impossible it seemed at first? And how impossible it now is to imagine it was ever hard?” Mike Dooley
- “Today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” Dr Seuss
- “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Choose your favourite and tell someone about it.
For example, I like #2
For me this means that it is who we are that determines what we will get.
So, what do you want?
Is who you are someone who would be likely to get what you want?
If not, what sort of person WOULD be likely to get what you want?
How are you different from this person?
If you need to ‘become’ this person to get what you want, is that OK?
Perhaps your goal is really to become this type of person, and then what you want would come naturally.
My best wishes, Paul